Friday, July 31, 2020

August

I have ALWAYS loved lists, especially monthly lists. I don't know why exactly. Its not exactly like a To-Do list, like "go to the library" type stuff but a list of things to do monthly. I'll give an example below in  just a sec. But I like to include everything from craft ideas, places to go, holidays, house stuff, gardening, moon stuff....you'll get the drift. 
August🍂
  • Find a favorite book from your childhood and re-read it. Better yet, find a spot like you would have as a child and read it!
  • Treat yourself to a box of crayons and color.
  • catch lightning bugs
  •  make lemonade
  • make homemade ice cream
  • enjoy a slice of watermelon
  • enjoy some time in a hammock
  • this months Full Moon names are ~ Holly/Corn/Grain/Herb.
  • Correspondence colors are Red/Yellow/Orange/Greens/Gold/Browns
  • décor could be corn dolls/sunflowers/any late summer flower/sickle/corn/wheat/gourds 
  • foods can be Blackberry pies/homemade breads/BBQ/Corn on the Cob
  • scents can be rosemary/rose/sandalwood/frankincense
  • Lammas, which is First Harvest
  • make a peach cobbler
  • organize your workspace
***enjoy these fun holidays for the month
Aug. 1~ girlfriend day
Aug. 3 ~ watermelon day
Aug. 6 ~ root beer float day
Aug. 9 ~ book lovers day
Aug. 10 ~ Smores day
Aug. 15 ~ relaxation day
Aug. 19 ~ world photo day
Aug 24 ~ waffle day
  • enjoy a day by the pool
  • fall shopping
  • go to the fair
  • paint your nails red
  • make sun tea
  • recite a favorite poem out loud to yourself. Especially one about August!
August is a month of transition. Like mentioned above, its the First Harvest. 
September is 2nd Harvest. October is 3rd Harvest. August it the time to start shifting inward. Winter is coming. As hard as it is to think about that with scorching temps and humidity! 
By October, our pantries should be stocked. In August, I even start buying up Thanksgiving Dinner groceries. I buy 2-3 items a week and set them aside in an appointed place. I also start thinking about holidays in general. 

I have a notebook that has 12 monthly tabs. A tab for each month. I keep things in it by the month. Reminders. Special recipes for holidays or special days. Sales. I even have a detailed cleaning list, a Love Calendar, and a purge calendar for each month! I told ya.....I LOVE LISTS!
One reason I can tell you that I love lists is because I am the type of person that if its out of sight, its out of mind! TRULY! So I have to have this calendar to remember things.

The declutter calendar is for 15 minute decluttering. if you do it daily, at the end of the year, your whole house will be decluttered. ( home storage solutions ) FB and also daily emails
The love calendar, give you ideas for couple things, date ideas, etc.
Garden calendar, is like an almanac.

Do you like lists? Notebooking?

Lets see if this link below works!!


https://www.home-storage-solutions-101.com/declutter-calendar-august.html


4 comments:

  1. This post makes me think of the fall posts you did on Xanga that I loved!!! You wrote about your folders and lists. I actually started a notebook, but I didn't keep up with it. It was truly helpful and I got more accomplished. I love lists! Tonight I plan to make a list for our Thanksgiving meal so I can start buying. I also plan to make a fun list of things to do with the grands for fall. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My notebook hasn't been touched as much either. But I am getting better about it. I am working on my desk area to get it the way it would/should work. I have actually been keeping up with my habits. How I do things, etc. I am trying to go by my nature, if that makes sense. What things do I do but can do better? What days do I seem to do certain things? And I am putting that in those lists in the notebook. Coming up with my own. That was one thing that kept me from using my notebook like I should....I was doing it like everybody else I saw. I finally realized that I am not them! And that goes back to my very first post ~ trusting myself. After all these years, I'm finally trusting that the way I do things to be okay! So pull your notebook out and give it another go! And do it YOUR way! ;-)
    And working on Thanksgiving....YES!!! That makes me feel good knowing my advice helped somebody!
    How are your Grands?

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm a list person also, but these days its index cards stashed all over the place. I was just thinking that I have to get my mind organized better......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL.....why does this not surprise me?!?! I started using index cards too! I put my shopping list on them and take them to the store with me so I can toss them when I get home. But ,y smaller list are on them too. And post its!

      Delete

What about you?

August

I have ALWAYS loved lists, especially monthly lists. I don't know why exactly. Its not exactly like a To-Do list, like "go to the ...