Sunday, July 19, 2020

Start here!

This is the beginning of returning to an old part of myself that I thoroughly enjoyed ~ blogging. Social media just doesn't seem to fit with me but yet, I have made some truly wonderful friends that I wish to keep up with. When I first began blogging MANY moons ago, I made several friends with whom I am still very close to today. And I will be forever grateful for them. They saw me thru some of the most difficult years I had. Life is changing now. I am being called to be more true to myself and do something that brings me joy. One joy was the blogging. So, I shall give it a try again. The platforms have definitely changed and not as easy to use for this old dog. ( You can teach an old dog new tricks......well.....maybe not this one! ) I am even having to relearn using a keyboard! I have used the cell phone for so long. Even have a tablet that I rarely use. But trying to learn!
  Anyhoo, we will see how this goes. I will see how much time I spend here. I definitely don't need something else that takes up MORE of my time!
  One aspect of this blog is trying to promote simple living. Lost arts. Being mindful. Slowing Down. Why? Because these are areas that I lack. So since I am working on them, why not share the journey? By nature, as most know who know me well, I am not a positive person by nature. Its hard for me to take compliments. That's one way that social media helps me! I can post a photo or a good post and to know that I have helped somebody or to know that they love that post and they tell me, it helps me work on taking that compliment instead of trying to my myself a lesser being. I automatically try to find a way out of the said compliment!!! I am working on that.
  I also at times, feel very lonely. Now don't get me wrong. My marriage and home life is great! But you must know, I am an severe introvert. I usually feel I have nothing in common with other women. I have always felt different. I have actually usually had more guy friends than gals! That's also another way social media helps me. I can find balance. But blogging gave me a way to connect in a way that FB doesn't. I don't do IG or any other platforms. I have accounts but its NEVER used. But FB has come to be a not so great place. Here....I CAN HAVE MORE CONTROL!🙋🙋 LOL
  I am an old soul. I prefer the old ways. The old traditions. The only thing I like modern is some house designs! lol
  But this is a start. If you wish to follow me, GREAT! I would love to have you walk beside me on this journey. I hope we see eye to eye on a lot of stuff, but I hope where we disagree, we agree to disagree! We are each a different person with different beliefs, values. opinions and personal/private backgrounds. We don't know what or who led us to be who/what we are today. We shall respect each other. And we should each have boundaries. So if I post something that does not line up with how you think, then scroll on. As Thumper said....."If you can say nothing nice, don't say nothing at all." You can voice your difference, but it stops there. My blog will NOT be a place for arguments. 
  Okay, got that off my chest! I already have a blog in mind! So that may be posted today or tomorrow.
  I'm glad you stopped in. I hope you stick around.🤟🤟

7 comments:

  1. So glad you started this! I look forward to reading as you go lady and thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so happy to see this on FB tonight. I used to love reading your blog on different things you were researching. I look forward to reading this one. Is there a way to subscribe?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad it made you happy! I'm still tweaking on this. The format is so different from what Xanga was.
    After you asked about subscribing, I had to go find how to add all that! LOL I think I figured it out and it should be on my right hand column. { I hope!! } Right after I created the page, I got so busy that I didn't get back to it til much later.

    ReplyDelete

What about you?

August

I have ALWAYS loved lists, especially monthly lists. I don't know why exactly. Its not exactly like a To-Do list, like "go to the ...